You can easily prepare a meatloaf with vegan recipes or plant-based recipes at home. You may want to have it for potlucks and other family gatherings because almost everybody is certain to like the meat product. There exist many vegan meatloaf variations, as well as plant-based versions of those products. Shared below is a vegan meat product recipe to help you with the family function you plan on hosting, such as a Thanksgiving dinner or some other event.
Black Bean Loaf For Vegans
This is a savory spin on the conventional meatloaf based on black beans. The dish will come with oatmeal, black beans, and a melange of spices.
- 5 cups of quick oats
- 2 cans of rinsed black beans
- 1 chopped bell pepper with the red color
- 1 grated or chopped carrot
- 1 minced small onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon of liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons of vegan ketchup (only if you want)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Black pepper
- Water for the sauteing purpose
The Preparation Instructions
- Heat the microwave beforehand to 350°F.
- Use a medium-sized pan to water sauté those onions until these become translucent, and add the garlic, followed by pepper and then carrot in it. Cook for 6 minutes or so, up to the time those are softened.
- Blend the beans with oats and every seasoning, in a big bowl. Include the sautéed vegetables in it, and mash using a potato fork or potato masher until it is well blended. In the event it is not sufficiently moist, then add in water; or, when it is too moist, include oats to it.
- Use a spoon to put ‘dough’ into your loaf pan covered with parchment paper, and then bake for 30 minutes or so, until it develops a fine crust.
- Serve with onions, tomato sauce, and steamed yams.
The soft inside and nice crust of the loaf will melt in the mouth. It usually requires baking some coating of vegan ketchup into the uppermost part. Anyhow, you may choose not to do that if it is not your cup of tea.
However you plan to serve it, the meatloaf is certain to be a popular product among your guests. Serve the product with mashed potatoes as well as a creamed spinach side for a tasty, hearty, and comforting meal.