The simple vegan burger, as the name sounds, can be made in a breeze. With the movement for veganism growing by the day, and people trashing animal products, the need for exciting vegan recipes is the need for the hour. Vegan food has a misconception tied to it- It tastes bland and boring. We are here to put that misconception to rest and showcase just how exciting vegan food can be made.
It doesn’t matter if you are a restaurant sous-chef or a newbie who has learned to fire the grill for the first time, the simple vegan burgers are one of the easiest ways in which you can familiarise with tasty vegan cuisine.
This all-time classic of a vegan burger is so good that even the meat-eaters will find a reason to pick it up and chow down on it. Homemade vegan burgers are better in terms of healthiness and are more affordable than any restaurant out there. Plus, you can mix and match and try what suits your taste buds.
You can make it spicy or riddle it with herbs and other condiments. Sauces are a must, and you are completely free to run wild with the ingredients. The recipe contains nuts, soy, gluten; you can serve this without or with bread, favorite sides of veggies, rice or salad!
Making A Simple Vegan Burger: Step-By-Step
- Add in the walnuts into a blender and grind it to a fine powder-like consistency. Keep this aside, we will use it later.
- Take the soy sauce, beans or tamari, along with tomato sauce and blend them to a homogenous consistent paste using a food processor.
- Take the paste and add in the powdered walnuts to it.
- To this, add in the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, pepper, paprika and salt and mix them well.
- If the mixed dough is too pasty-like, then it means that you need to add in more breadcrumbs. If it is too dry and has plenty of cracks on it, then it means you must add in a bit of water.
- The final dough consistency will be plastic-like without any cracks.
- Using your hands, roll the dough and make 5-7 patties.
- Add a bit of oil and fry the patties on the girdle or pan. Cook until side turns brown.
- Once the patties are cooked on one side, slather on some barbeque sauce and turn them.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Finally, place them between soft buns, and add in lettuce, red onion, tomato slices and vegan cheese.
Your simple vegan burger is ready tp eat!