Growing environmental concerns are inspiring many to consider the vegan way of life. For many, the wide spectrum of health benefits that veganism promises have been the motivating factor in their journey to veganism. Like many think, you do not have to struggle to control your food cravings as a vegan because there are millions of easy vegan recipes that even the non-vegans will enjoy. Here are some simple vegan recipes you can try at home.
Vegan Banana Bread
This sweet and simple delicacy can be made with minimal ingredients. Here is how to prepare it.
- 3 large black bananas
- 100 g brown sugar 75 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 225 g plain flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 g dried fruits
- Heat the oven to 200.
- Mash the bananas using a fork and mix it well after adding the vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- To the banana-oil mixture, add plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and mix well. If you are using dry fruits, add them too.
- Bake the mixture in an oiled loaf tin for 20 minutes. If the cake is browning while baking, cover it with an aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
- After it cools a little, slice the pastry.
You can make this simple vegan pancake with just 3 ingredients. If you are not convinced then here it is.
- 3 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 cup almond milk
If you want to, you may also add in the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sugar/coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips/crushed nuts/blueberries
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the oat flour into a mixing bowl. You may make oat flour at home by grinding oats in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the flour to form a batter of adequate consistency.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-low flame and pour 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles form around its edges.
- Flip it around and cook till it turns golden.
To pour over the pancakes, make berry syrup with seasonal berries like blackberries, blueberries, and some maple syrup. Coconut flakes, nuts, and fresh fruits like minced bananas and berries can be used as toppings in the pancake.
Adopting a vegan lifestyle is not going to test you with limited protein sources. Many plant-based foods like pulses and seeds are perfect substitutes for animal-based protein and calorie sources.