Vegan food is not about salads. But vegans have a thing for them. You may even doubt if there is something simpler and healthier than a salad that does not take more than a few minutes to make.
In this article, we introduce 2 simple and easy vegan salad recipes.
Mexican Sweet Corn Salad
It makes a perfect barbecue side dish.
- 5 cups of corn kernels
- 5 green onions
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- lime juice
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp vegan chipotle juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- black pepper
- Add corn, red bell pepper, roughly chopped cilantro, green onion cut into rings and avocado into a bowl.
- Give the ingredients a quick mix.
- Into another bowl, add the ingredients, vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle sauce, and cumin. Whisk them until they combine well. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mix made in the previous step above the corn salad.
- Add some fresh cilantro, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a bowl, add some tofu and crumble it using your hands. Add in some vegan mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Top the salad with the crumbled tofu and serve on the go.
Lentil Salad With Pomegranate And Spinach
The delicious salad is packed with nutrients.
- 3 cups of cooked brown lentils
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 small apples diced
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
Ingredients For Dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Cook the lentils as per the instructions on the package.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them well.
- To make a dressing, blend the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil salad.
People looking for healthy ways to control weight can make salads a part of their daily diet. Vegan salads are rich in vitamins and minerals that are good for the skin. Better skin health is a bonus you get by taking salads.